Spring into action during National Blood Donor Week and make your blood count. Join our Red25 Donation Challenge between 1st September – 31st December and ask your family and friends to do the same. It doesn’t matter if you are a therapeutic donor or a regular donor, every drop will help top up blood bank supplies in time for the holiday season and save lives.
To get a start in the HA spring carnival register with your state’s Red25 team, join ‘Haemochromatosis Australia – (YOUR STATE)’ group on the Donate Blood website, ask the call centre operator to register when you ring 13 14 95 to make your next appointment or just let the team know you’d like to be linked when you arrive at the Red Cross donor centre.
Every donation (whether HA member or not) will be added to each state’s progressive total. The challenge is on to see which state will cross the finish line on 31st December with the most lives saved!
Joining your Red25 Group online
1. Register an individual donor account or log in to your account on the Donate Blood website at https://my.donateblood.com.au/app/utils/login_form . You don’t need to have donated blood yet to do this.
2. Once you’re logged in, go to ‘MyDetails’ in the menu and click ‘Manage Details’
3. At the top right of this page, click on ‘Update my preferences’.
4. Next to the ‘Red25 Organisation’ heading, start typing ‘Haemochromatosis’ into the grey box. When your group appears in the list, click on it and press ‘Submit’.
5. At the bottom of the page, click ‘Save updates’.
Once you are registered on the Donate Blood website you can also manage your appointments, view your donation and health statistics and follow the Challenge results online.
Already a member of ‘Haemochromatosis Australia’ Red25 group?
If you are already a member of the ‘Haemochromatosis Australia’ Red25 group your donations will be counted for the blood challenge but won’t contribute to your state total. You can switch your group to your state group to help boost your state’s tally.
#savet3lives #red25 #haemochromatosis