The 2021 Health Services Blood Challenge commences on April 1, ending June 30.
Last year, Haemochromatosis Australia Lifeblood Teams contributed the highest number of blood donations to the 2020 Health Services Blood Challenge.
Help us do it again this year!
Make your blood count. Join our Lifeblood Team and ask your family and friends to do the same. It doesn’t matter if you are a therapeutic donor or regular donor, we need you to share your support.
Let’s band together to save lives – Join our Lifeblood Team
We’re proud to be part of Lifeblood Teams, the group donation program from Australian Red Cross Lifeblood.
Aside from saving lives through blood donation, Lifeblood Teams is about friendship, a little healthy competition and being part of something bigger than yourself. It’s a unique opportunity for all of us to band together and give something more powerful than money.
Donated blood can be used to help people in all sorts of life-giving ways. The need is constant and the person receiving it could be fighting cancer or going through a difficult pregnancy, or they could be someone who relies on regular transfusions to stay healthy — or even, stay alive. Now that’s something worth uniting for!
There’s nothing like knowing you’ve genuinely helped someone, and we’d love to share that amazing feeling with you.
Register and join Haemochromatosis Australia – (Your State) Lifeblood Team
Three easy ways to register:
1. Register online here,
2. Ask the Lifeblood operator to register you when you ring 13 14 95 to make your next appointment
3. Just let the reception team know you’d like to be linked when you arrive at the Lifeblood donor centre.
Every donation (whether HA member or not) will be added to each state’s progressive total.
- Register and join Haemochromatosis Australia – Your State) Lifeblood Team.
- Find your nearest blood donor centre.
- Track how many donations Haemochromatosis Australia has made.
How do I register?
To get a started and register with your state’s Lifeblood Team team, join ‘Haemochromatosis Australia – (YOUR STATE)’ group on the LifeBlood website, ask the call centre operator to register you when you ring 13 14 95 to make your next appointment or just let the reception team know you’d like to be linked when you arrive at the Lifeblood donor centre. Every donation (whether HA member or not) will be added to each state’s progressive total.
Joining your Lifeblood Team online
1. Log in to your Lifeblood donor account or Register an individual donor account on Lifeblood’s Donate Blood website..You don’t need to have donated blood yet to do this.
2. Once you’re logged in, at the top right of the page, click on ‘’Teams’
4. Follow the instructions join your team. To find your team when asked to choose, start typing ‘Haemochromatosis’ When your state’s Haemochromatosis Australia team appears in the list, click on it and press ‘Submit’.
5. At the bottom of the page, click ‘Save updates’.
Once you are registered on the LifeBlood website you can also manage your appointments, view your donation and health statistics and follow the Challenge results online.
Note: Therapeutic donors cannot currently manage appointments on the site. That’s because Lifeblood needs to check your individual venesection schedule to see when you can donate. However you can still view your history, update your personal details and more online.